Thursday, January 8, 2015

Trusting God

I hope everyone had a good break and great time with their families and loved ones over the holidays. I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things after 3 weeks of laying around and sleeping in. I'm at least to the point where I'm setting my alarm, but I'm not yet actually getting up when it goes off. Not that I've ever been one to jump out of bed in the morning. This girl likes her sleep.

As the new year starts, thoughts of resolutions, goals, intentions, plans, etc, are a hot topic. Many people don't make resolutions, but still have some things they would like to change this year. This is still, more or less, a resolution. Just saying.

What I'd like to know, is not what you're resolving to do in 2015, but what you're trusting God with this year. Or what do you need to trust God with, and you're maybe not quite there yet? I've talked to some friends about this over the last week, and our pastor spoke about it on Sunday. In my circle I've heard finances, health, job decisions, issues within the family, and that's just a sampling.
We have a lot going on in our lives, and there are times when it would be great to have an "easy" button. Personally, I'd love to hit auto-pilot and coast to summer break right about now. But when we trust God with the things that are daunting, the 'Goliaths', we see His faithfulness at work.
I'm reading Jesus Calling this year, and this morning I read, "Let your weakness be a door to My Presence. Whenever you feel inadequate, remember that I am your ever-present Help."

I'm trusting God to give me patience as I teach my kids each day, and wisdom to make the best decisions for their education.
I'm also trusting Him to give our church direction as we begin the search for a new worship pastor.

He is faithful.

What are you trusting God with this year?

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  --Romans 15:13

No comments: